The important things that you need to carry during job interview
Job interviews tests not only the inherent skills and body language of the candidate but also about the preparation of the jobseekers in terms of their organizational skills in bringing necessary things at the place of job interview. There are certain things or items that need to be followed during the process of job interview and you, as a candidate must adhere to these rules or things regarding what and what not to bring to the venue of a job interview. These things or items are discussed in brief for the benefit of job seekers and these are:
1. Directions: In case, you are not very sure about the direction or place of interview venue then it is better to bring in direction map and/or any manual instructions that the hiring manager may have given to you. It is desirable to bring the hard copy of the email confirmation of the appointment/offer letter with you.
2. Identification: Majority of companies have their office premises well secured by security personnel and therefore it is essential to show your identity proof and also complete some preliminary job verification forms. You should therefore, carry Driver’s License or any other form of well recognizable identification issued by government authorities.
3. Pen and Notepad: Ensure that you carry pen and notepad with you in case you had to fill out paperwork without being embarrassed for asking or borrowing one from other people at the venue. Notepad is helpful for jotting down the names and company/employer information.
4. Contact Names: You must note down the name of the interviewer or recruiter on the notepad as it is a human tendency to forget names. Also, write the name of the person who had arranged the interviewer/interview in case he or she is a different person other than the recruiter.
5. List of questions to ask: You must have the list of questions you want to ask the interviewer written on the notepad. As it will help you in skimming quickly when you are given an option of asking questions at the end of the interview.
6. Multiple copies of Resumes: The most important thing or item to bring at the job interview venue is multiple or extra copies of resumes. Interviewers may ask for another copy of your resume during the interviewer process. In some cases, you may also need to fill up job application forms with a hard copy of resume duly attached with the form.
7. Reference lists: Bringing a printed list of references is necessary to give it to the hiring manager. The reference list must include at least three professional references and their contact information.
8. Work samples: Bringing hard copies of work samples is a good idea to highlight your talent. Otherwise, you can show the softcopy format of your work samples in your laptop or tablet.
9. Things that should be avoided: Do not walk in to the interview venue with your parents, relatives or friends etc. Things such as chewing gums, coffee, water bottles, carrying cell phones, wearing hat or cap, wearing excessive fashion accessories and body tattoos are to be strictly avoided at the place of the interview. For further clarification on things that needs to be or not to be carried at the place of job interview, you can hire the services of a job interview coach.