Job title : Scientist and Engineer Level 3 (Instrumentation Engineer)
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama incorporated in 1992. We provide “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.
This position provides technical and managerial support to the 413th Flight Test Squadron for the developmental test and evaluation of next generation Air Force systems. The candidate will function as a key member of an integrated test team with the system program office, system contractor, system integrator, and test personnel.
* Design new instrumentation systems or modifications to existing equipment. Develop instrumentation packages to collect test data from aircraft data busses, video systems, and weapon systems to support test objectives.
* Coordinate with integrated test team personnel to ensure data collection requirements are thoroughly defined to obtain a valid assessment of the test item performance.
* Develop instrumentation plans and detailed modification packages to support airworthiness certifications.
* Program software applications to configure and control data acquisition systems to support flight test activities.
* Interface with technicians to install instrumentation equipment to include data recorders, data busses, camera systems, and discrete sensors on test aircraft.
* Perform duties onboard test aircraft during ground operations.
* Travel to offsite locations as required and perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant experience is required. Six years of applicable technical experience may be substituted for the BS degree (total 9 years) or four years’ experience with an Associate’s Degree (total 7 years).
* Must have experience interpreting and producing technical drawings and schematics.
* Must have experience instrumenting digital data busses, avionics, and communications systems.
* Must have experience with digital and analog sensors to include accelerometers,
* thermocouples, and strain gauges.
* Must be able to work on or near aircraft during ground operations.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an integrated test team.
* Must be able to effectively communicate orally and possess technical writing skills.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office applications are required.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
* Experience instrumenting and testing military aircraft/systems is highly desired.
* Design experience using SolidWorks is highly desired.