Job title : Project Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
The Project Manager II is responsible for administering and overseeing all aspects of management, operation, and maintenance activities for facilities, operating under multiple facilities and contracts
Must have the following:
* Grade 4 Surface Water license
* Grade 2 Distribution
* Bachelor's Degree
* Formulates project goals, strategies, and SOPS. Directs implementation of approved changes. Responsible to achieve growth targets through the management of new business development activities and contract negotiations, as well as securing renewals and scope expansion.
* Manages teams related to hiring, on-boarding, performance management, utilization, training, development, salary, promotions, transfers and terminations. Coaches individual and team performance and improvement.
* Maintains contract compliance and account management. Meets with client representatives and council to discuss facility operations, maintenance and capital projects as required. Attends council meetings as required.
* Prepares and Administers annual operating and capital budget. Composes reports for the assigned area as required.
* Ensures that all SOPs are followed and DOT, OSHA, Healthy and Safety and other requirements are met. Conducts routine facility inspections. Interacts with regulators as required.
* Responsible for financial performance of the project, including client invoicing, account payables/receivables.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience:Bachelor’s degree preferred, 7+ years of experience in the operation of a water or wastewater treatment facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Driver’s License. Ability to obtain appropriate water or waste water certification based on facility managed.
Technical: Knowledge of water/wastewater facilities. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Ability to interpret analytical results.
Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect & accountability. Challenges other through productive discussion.
Problem Solving & Quality:
Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues. Thinks “big picture” when assessing problems/opportunities. Develops innovative & creative solutions.
Managing For Results: Follows all company policies & SOPs. Delegates, prioritizes & manages the work of others. Balances competing priorities, scheduling issues & deadlines. Delivers effective feedback. Manages cost, quality & expedience.
Leadership & Initiative:
Motivates & empowers others. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains, coaches & mentors others. Champions change.
The work environment is characteristic of an office environment: sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting are required to perform job responsibilities. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.