Job title : Operations Supervisor
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
overseeing the daily activities of Operators and solving complex operations problems and performing maintenance/operations activities at water/wastewater treatment facilities.
(A) wastewater and (B) Ground Water or Surface Water
* Oversees operational and maintenance planning, scheduling and controlling at water/wastewater plants.
* Provides technical direction, assistance and training to other personnel.
* Manages maintenance of work order system. Tracks and submits monthly reports.
* Ensures that all SOPs are followed and DOT, OSHA and other requirements are met.
* Communicates with client and customers related to routine technical aspects of operations and responds to inquiries.
* Trains employees on proper plant operations, repair and installation techniques, SOPs and safe work practices.
* Assesses and implements improvements to operating systems and SOPs.
* Prepares daily, monthly and yearly data (DMRs, SMRFs, etc.) for review by project manager.
* Assists in meetings with regulatory officials during inspections to evaluate findings and ensure compliance.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience:High School Diploma or GED and 7-10 years water/wastewater experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred). Water/Wastewater Operator’s License specific to state and site specific requirements. Other licenses may vary according to specific site and assignments.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Ability to work with basic office equipment & phone systems. Working knowledge of OSHA requirements, DOT regulations & Utility SOPs. Proficiency completing all regulatory documentation, reports and correspondence.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback. Promotes a culture of diversity, respect & accountability. Challenges other through productive discussion.
Problem Solving & Quality:
Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues. Thinks “big picture” when assessing problems/opportunities. Develops innovative & creative solutions.
Managing For Results:
Follows all company policies & SOPs. Delegates, prioritizes & manages the work of others. Balances competing priorities, scheduling issues & deadlines. Delivers effective feedback. Manages cost, quality & expedience.
Leadership & Initiative:
Motivates & empowers others. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains, coaches & mentors others. Champions change.
Must be able to: frequently lift 50-60 pounds; load, unload & move large equipment/tools; access confined spaces; continuously walk and climb stairs and ladders.