Job title : Permit/Engineer Coordinator
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Job Duties and Reporting Responsibilities:
* Detailed review and analysis of entitlements of prospective acquisitions on a continuous basis, including assessment of due diligence information and documentation.
* Processing entitlements, plans and permits through the various layers of county reviews and approvals.
* Organize and participate in various neighborhood, planning commission, city council and other public hearings.
* Assistance in oversight of the project based business planning and management, including projections, pro forma and schedules.
* Maintaining all previously approved land use and development entitlements.
Experience and Core Competencies:
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related fields of construction management, civil engineering, urban planning, architecture or similar discipline.
* A minimum of 4+ years for forward planning experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible positions within the home building or related real estate industry(s) with a strong understanding of engineering, permitting, development and construction process.
* Expert spreadsheet knowledge with highly advanced Microsoft Excel and Project skills.
* Progressively demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex real estate development budgets and schedules.
* Ability to lead and manage internal and external teams, design professions, consultants and various other professional organizations to achieve on-time and on-budget entitlement approvals.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in an efficient and accurate manner under tight deadlines.
* Ability to understand concepts relating to entitlement costs, site development costs, home construction costs and community project profitability.
* Knowledge of construction practices, contract administration, interaction with municipal districts, budgeting and scheduling is required.