Job title : Project Manager
Job Number :
Division : Engineering
Qualified candidates will be high-energy individuals with strong project management, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and experience in the refrigeration industry preferred. Candidates with experience in related fields such as petroleum, fluids, construction related may be considered.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage design/build mechanical refrigeration construction projects of various sizes.
• Manage subcontractors in field, make sure subcontractors are working properly and safely, and answer RFI’s (Request For Information).
• Attend field kickoff, jobsite coordination/trailer meetings and familiarize self with scope of work.
• Learn and develop knowledge and understanding of refrigeration systems and how they are installed in the field.
• Visit job sites for jobs in current week schedule with a set of construction drawings to highlight completed field progress and manage any questions in the field. Keep Foreman and crew working onsite.
• Visit job sites to facilitate the Engineers, Foremen, and VP of Engineering upon request for any tasks related to the project.
• Planning for start of new projects, i.e. what is required for rentals, tools, labor, materials, equipment, power, etc. Review construction drawings prior to start, and Engineer can help answer questions for their projects.
• Coordinate to take equipment delivery (as needed).
• Update weekly upcoming construction schedule.
• Permit and inspection coordination (as needed).
• Help with ordering material (as needed).
• Order and cancel rental equipment as needed if foreman cannot.
• Managing personnel issues of crew and report to management.
• Provide daily updates on project progress.
• Attend weekly construction meeting with management.
• Safety responsibilities (tailgates, surprise spot checks, attend monthly safety meeting, and work with Safety Department.
• Manage project checklists and paperwork.
• Coordinate any service calls requiring a welder.
• Conduct progress and final QA (Quality Assessment) on projects.
• Manage construction warranties.
• Assist in other tasks as assigned by management.
• Attention to detail
• Safety oriented
• Able to read construction drawings
• Able to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines
• Able to travel to local construction jobsites
• Must be customer service oriented and an active participant in team activity
• Computer proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, and CAD a plus
• Able to communicate clearly in verbal and written form